How can I differentiate the voices of the Formies?
- At the beginning of your journey, you may have difficulties differentiating the voices inside you.
- Typically, the loudest voice is Mr Mind’s voice. His advice often results in a negative judgment or separation between you and others. You tend to close down, rejecting offers, not seizing opportunities. Mr Mind often refers to negative experiences of the past. You can easiest detect him with the-tag words ‘yes, but’.
- Mr Mind’s voice is easy to confuse with Conscious Me’s voice. Conscious Me brings different options to your attention. She opens you up. She recommends experiments without judging the outcome. Conscious Me encourages you to explore new paths.
- Tag-words and tag-statements for her voice are: ‘Look here!’ ‘Look at this! There is something to find out.’ ‘We don’t know what it’s good for.’ ‘It is as it is.’
- She gains your attention in a soft yet relentless way when you are about to fall back into old patterns. Sometimes, you hear her when you are about to give up the entire journey.
- You may confuse the voice of Mr Mind with the voice of Buddy Body. Mr Mind often recommends what Buddy Body should do, and it seems to be Buddy Body’s own will. Try to talk directly to Buddy Body in order to establish a direct relationship with him. A good starting point is: ‘Thank you, Buddy Body, that you are always functioning. What a miracle.’ Most likely, you will get a reaction from Buddy Body as an answer. This is the voice of Buddy Body.
- Her Highness Heart’s voice often correlates with a bodily sensation. This is when you hear her clearest, at least at the beginning of your journey. You may feel a lump in your stomach, or have a dry throat. Focus your attention on the part of your body that doesn’t feel well, and see what emotions are coming up while you keep focused.
Could it be that reading the book provokes physical reactions?
- Yes, this can happen. No worries of harmful side-effects. On the contrary, it is a good sign when you can FEEL the content of the book. It means that you are digesting and internalizing it. There are different interdependencies causing a bodily reaction.
- The reason for your physical reactions is the cooperation between Conscious Me and Buddy Body. With some people, Conscious Me makes herself heard with a slight tickling, or warming you may feel in your body.
- You also may feel a sudden pain in your body, triggered by Her Highness Heart. This could happen when you read about negative emotions. Reading about them could bring them to your attention. Buddy Body does his translation work and makes you aware of your emotion. This is a good starting point to dive deeper. What exactly triggered that pain?
- You may also feel mental unrest. Mr Mind feels threatened and recommends you put the book away. He doesn’t want to lose power. He doesn’t want to open up and change.
What do I do when I get stuck in the book?
- When you start to read this book, Conscious Me begins to develop and grow. She has an increasing influence on you. When she thinks that you should focus on a special topic or paragraph, you feel stuck there. You cannot focus on the following pages. Just accept it and be curious of the exploration fields and experiences waiting for you on the page you seem to be stuck.
- It also could be that you need a break. Don’t underestimate Conscious Me. She has the power of turning you upside-down. Therefore, you may need a break of some days or even weeks to stabilize your inner team until you can continue reading the book.
What's a good frequency of consulting with a Formies Coach?
- At the beginning of your journey, Conscious Me is still emerging so is often unavailable for advice. The Formies coach takes the role of Conscious Me, empowering you to continue your journey. Therefore, we recommend you have bi-weekly coaching sessions at the beginning of your journey. Experienced travellers only need casual consultation and can mainly use peer learning.